Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Patrick: A Changed Heart Part 4

If you missed the previous sections: Patrick: A Changed Heart Part 1,  Part 2, and Part 3

Alone, 406 A.D. 

     My days feel empty now. I can no longer look forward to the encouraging times with Patricius. I pray now daily for his safety. Three days ago, Miliucc discovered that Patricius escaped. I have never seen him in a rage, but that day, his wrath was let loose. No one was exempt from his anger. He questioned all the slaves about their knowledge of Patricius's escape. I knew I was the only one who knew where Patricius was. I would not lie about what I knew. I knew if God had directed Patricius, He would protect him and Miliucc knowing what I knew would not change God's great plan for Patricius. So when my questioning came, I told Miliucc everything I knew. He fumed and stormed out of the room. I assumed my interview was done and returned to my work, fervently praying for God's guidance and protection for Patricius.
     Miliucc set out that day to attempt to find and recapture Patricius. For the past three days, everyone has been waiting for him to return with Patricius in chains. Today Miliucc returned. Though, I will miss him greatly, I thanked God that Patricius was not among those returning. God had protected Patricius against Miliucc and I know God will take Patricius safely back to our home. I sent a message to Bretta for Patricius to deliver if he should find her still alive.
     I never expect to see Patricius again. But we promised to pray for each other, that we would continue to follow our eternal Father and stay faithful to our loving Saviour. I do not think I will see earthly freedom during my life. So, now I will submissively work for my master as I wait for my God to rescue me and take me to my heavenly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment