Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Inspiration of Flight

The sky lit up like a volcano erupting across the entire horizon. I watched from the safety of my plane, as the setting sun spilled its lava upon the clouds and mountains. As quickly as it came it went. The flowing volcanic lava stamped out by the simple daily orbit of the earth. As the sun bids farewell to this side of the earth, the lights of the world below me appear, driving the darkness away, bringing a spark of light to the night. While just around the bend of the earth's curve, my friends say hello to a fresh start, a new day. Are they ready to face another day? So many have discovered the hardships of life: anxiety, depression, stress, the pain of losing a loved one, or confusion in life direction. Mixed into that are the moments of joy: a friend that listens to understand, a completed project, a momentary relief of stress, a restored relationship, or a song that gives hope. My friends across the world, with my setting sun, I send my greetings and prayers for a beautiful new day full of God's peace and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment